This page contains educational information to help educators, family caregivers, respite care providers and other organizations/agencies interested in supporting the cause of respite care.
We encourage our readers to read materials that may not specifically apply to their situation (for example a caregiver caring for a child with special needs may also find articles related to Alzheimer’s or Dementia useful). Family caregivers serving individuals with special needs of all ages often face same or similar problems.
- Parent-to-Parent of Colorado: Parent to Parent of Colorado (P2P-CO) is a parent initiated, parent controlled, organized group that builds inclusive communities for families caring for children with special health care needs or disabilities. Useful resources include: Where Do I Start?, Paying the Bills
- Family Voices Colorado: Family Voices Colorado is a chapter of the national, grassroots organization composed of families and friends who care for and about our children with special health care needs. Useful resources include Transition Guide By Age
- Horizon's Senior Resource Guide: Biannual resource guide with articles and resources for Colorado seniors and their families. Edition Dec. 2016 - March 2017
- Colorado Resource Directory: Colorado Resource Directory is a comprehensive repository developed to assist Colorado families to find assistance and resources.
- Network of Care: is Denver Regional Council of Governments Agency on Aging web resource for older adults and people with disabilities.
- Personal Health Care Records Sheet produced by Aging Well Eagle County allows you to easily communicate and track health conditions and health care services.
- Developmental Disabilities Resources and Training: Information about trainings and certifications
- Alzheimer's Association Community Education Programs: The Alzheimer's Association can help you get the information you need about memory loss and dementia.